At the Gamescom showcase today for Microsoft’s upcoming next-gen console, the company announced the full list of titles that will be available for the Xbox One at launch. That lineup includes the following:
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
- NBA Live 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
- Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
I’m so happy that Peggle 2 made it in there, you don’t even fucking understand.
You may remember that Microsoft recently announced the Xbox One will only be coming to 13 global markets. The following countries will see the Xbox One during the November launch: US, UK, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, and New Zealand. Of course, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and Switzerland will be getting the Xbox One “as soon as possible,” which looks to be sometime in 2014.
No official date has been confirmed as of yet, but Microsoft has revealed the Xbox One will definitely be launching sometime in November.
With all that aside, what do you think of the initial list? Is that a good selection of launch titles? Better yet, is there enough to entice you to pick up the console?