The next big patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt includes player storage along with several other enhancements to gameplay. As described on the official dev blog, here’s what is being added:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
Cd Projekt Red also said there will be no free DLC this week considering the team has been working hard on this patch. However, it will return next week.
The storage option was definitely necessary. I find myself stocking up on Witcher gear hoping to upgrade it later, meanwhile it just sits unused in my travel pack.