So, I have a newborn and I haven’t had the time to move around and hit Pokestops or catch new Pokemon – don’t judge me. But I absolutely love playing Pokemon Go.
You can imagine my dilemma.
Naturally, I set out to find a way to play the game without actually leaving my home – or my daughter’s side.
I have no desire to be crazy and travel to Europe or anything. I just want to hit a couple Pokestops nearby, so I don’t have to pay $5 every time I run out of Pokeballs.
You know exactly what I’m talking about, don’t lie.
How to Play Pokemon Go Without Going Anywhere
I will preface this by saying I have an Android phone – Moto X Pure 2015. I have no idea how to do this on iOS with an iPhone, but I’m guessing you can find a similar app.
1) Download the app Fake GPS Joystick from Google Play.
2) Enable Developer Options in the settings menu. To do this open Settings > About and then tap on Build Number seven times in a row. After doing this you will see a message that says, “You are now a developer.”
3) Select Developer Options > Select Mock Location > and choose Fake GPS Go (also Fake GPS Joystick).
4) You may also be asked to allow “Peeking” for Fake FPS Go which allows it to send notifications or “draw” them over other apps. It should prompt you to do so and provide instructions.
5) Start up the app, select a location on the map – you will see a Google Maps interface – and follow the instructions (choose start). You do not need to root your device in order for this to work. My Moto X is not rooted.
6) Start Pokemon Go.
If all goes well, you should see yourself at the location you chose. There will also be a virtual joystick in the middle of the screen that you can use to move around.
Every once in a while the app will warp you back to your actual location. This is a fault with the GPS spoofing app. Just stop moving and wait for it to reload the correct area.
You should be all set! Just don’t do anything crazy like choose a location in Russia if you live in the middle of Vermont or some shit. There are ways to circumvent a soft ban if you mess up, but if you get a permanent ban you’re SOL.
USE THIS METHOD AT YOUR OWN RISK BITCHES.