I’m sure most of you know this already, especially since Rockstar released a statement addressing all the issues plaguing the launch of the online mode, but GTA V online isn’t working. Damn it man, that sucks.
The list of issues that players may or may not encounter while trying to play include the following:
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading,failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying “Mission Failed” as soon as the mission begins during a session
This was pretty much expected, as Rockstar didn’t initially expect to see such record sales.
“One thing we are already aware of, and are trying to alleviate as fast as we can, is the unanticipated additional pressure on the servers due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point. We are working around the clock to buy and add more servers, but this increased scale is only going to make the first few days even more temperamental than such things usually are.”
It sucks yeah, but shit happens. Keep calm and carry on. Go play some singleplayer while you wait. Has anyone out there been able to play?
Via: Ars Technica